Dear AISC Community,
The school year of 2020-2021 has been like no other year, and yet it has been a memorable journey constituted of all of your individual contributions to an AISC united in making the best of the challenges and supporting each other. It has been incredible to see how a community connects even though never meeting face to face and how new friendships have evolved from the most difficult of circumstances.
Even though the school year of 2020-2021 has been a year of turmoil, uncertainties and challenges, it has also been a year where we have been confirmed in our belief that our AISC is not just a school, but a community. A community of engaged, caring and talented faculty and staff, supporting and open minded families. We are grateful to you all!
As the school year ends, so does our time serving as your PCA Executive Committee. We can honestly say that we have enjoyed every moment of the ride. We wish the incoming PCA, Fransesca, Anitha and Salima, all the best. With the support of parents, PCA volunteers and the school faculty and staff, we know that you are in good hands and will continue to build on the strong relationship that is the AISC.
Wishing you all a joyful summer,
Karine, Hanne and Anitta.
Now let the incoming PCA Executive Committee members introduce themselves;
Francesca Hammond
I am Francesca Hammond, incoming President of the PCA. I have 3 daughters at AISC, Isabella (Grade 10), Amelia (Grade 7) and Elena (Grade 4).
I’m looking forward to working with the parent and school community and hope that I can follow in the footsteps of Karine, Anitta and Hanne who have done such a great job this year.
I would really encourage anyone to sign up as a PCA volunteer, whether as a Class, Grade or Country rep, or in a role on the PCA Executive Committee. I was new to AISC last year and I found that volunteering on the PCA helped to expand my network and I met many people and made a lot of friends. So whether you are an AISC veteran or you are new to the school, do not be afraid to sign up!
Salima Velasco
I'm Salima Velasco and I will be the Vice-President of PCA for the year 2021-2022. I have one daughter, Rizlene (rising 5th grader). This will be our 3th year at AISC.I've really enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm of teachers, staff, parents and the leadership at AISC over the past particular years and I am glad to contribute to the AISC community.
Big thank you to the outgoing PCA team, I know the work that have done this past year to maintain a dynamic virtual communication, and I'm really looking forward to working closely with the incoming team.
We wait for you to join the PCA volunteer team to help make the 2021-2022 school year a memorable one.
Anitha Viswanathan
I'm Anitha Viswanathan and I will be the PCA Secretary for the year 2021-2022. I have two boys Keshav (rising 8th grader) and Govind (rising 5th grader). This will be our 4th year at AISC.I've really enjoyed the camaraderie and experienced a strong bond across teachers, staff, parents and the leadership at AISC over the past years and I am glad to be able to contribute to the AISC community.
I would like to appreciate all the good work that the outgoing PCA team have done this past year, especially under very trying circumstances, and I'm really looking forward to working closely with the incoming team.
I would like to echo Francesca and Salima's request to please join the PCA volunteer team to help make the 2021-2022 school year a very gratifying one.
Ideas for activities in the Summer Break
At this year’s last PCA Monthly Meeting Jack Bissonnette and Clinton Franswah shared ideas and strategies for physical and creative activities during the summer for kids and families. You’ll find the takeaways here with links to a lot of resources included:
Also Bindu Krishnamurthy joined the meeting and guided everyone through a beautiful meditation session. If you wish to know more about the practice, please visit https://heartfulness.org/in/ - it has an option on the top right to choose other languages.
If anyone would like to learn and practice Heartfulness meditation you can contact Bindu at kbindu@aischennai.org
NESA Parents as Partners webinar series has ended - watch the recordings
Recordings from spring 2021 webinars:
Promoting a Summer Stride, Diminishing the Summer Slide, Presented by Erma Anderson
Behind the Screens: Digital Well-Being During Tough Times, Presented by Carey Goldstein
Managing Digital Media in the Home, Presented by Renee Hobbs
Parents as Learning Coaches, Presented by Steve Barkley
Bringing Out the Best in Your Children and Yourself, Presented by Joy Marchese
Parents Supporting Learners to be Mastery Oriented, Presented by Steve Barkley
The Human Side of Changing Education, Presented by Julie Wilson
Parenting in a Pandemic, Part II, Presented by Michael Thompson
You can watch the recordings of the webinars from the fall 2020 series here.
Friday, June 4 through Sunday, August 1
SUMMERBREAK
Saturday, June 5
HS SAT
Monday, June 7 through Friday, June 18
Summer Camp
Wednesday, June 9
HS Report Cards
Community News
Summer is here and it’s summer camp time! (A virtual one for these unusual times)
Dear Parent,
Looking for the perfect way to keep your young ones engaged this summer?
There are many summer workshops coming up in June and July - go to www.storytrails.in/summer/ and check it out!
Link to PCA Giving Tree’s Amazon wish lists
Please feel free to contact your PCA Executive Committee at pca@aischennai.org
Incoming
Outgoing









No comments:
Post a Comment